Oleg Zhokh – Dave Chaffee
Please scroll down and read what it is written after the rankings, in order to understand how the rankings work and to see the changelog.
UPDATE (24 September 2018): The rankings were updated, considering what happened at WAL 406, 2018 MOLDOVA ARMWRESTLING OPEN CUP 2, ARMFIGHT #48 Vendetta and more. Below the rankings I added the reasoning/explanations from a voter for his rankings. For the first time we have a tie: Dmitry Trubin and Andrey Pushkar have the same number of points, they both are on 2nd place in the right hand rankings. We now only show Top 15 instead of Top 20.
LEFT HAND: BEST ARMWRESTLERS
RIGHT HAND: BEST ARMWRESTLERS
[VIDEO] First 2020 Workout
Tuesday January 21, 2020
Hello, dear ARMWRESTLING friends ! This is our first workout for the 2020 year. We are going to start our preparation for the coming season as it follows : 1. Bulgarian Nationals Qualifier- 27-29.03.2020. 2. EAF European ARMWRESTLING Championship. 3. WAF World ARMWRESTLING Championship. If you want to follow our progress, workout routines, methods – […]
1. Oleg Zhokh, UKR
1. Dave Chaffee, USA
Spartak Zoloev jailed for 6 years
Tuesday February 25, 2020
Spartak Zoloev at Russian National Armwrestling Championships 2019 The kind of news you never want to hear… The news was first reported by Ossetia News on 21 February 2020. Below you can read the translation of the original article in Russian language from Ossetia News: “In Vladikavkaz, a court sentenced 34-year-old Spartak Zoloev. The defendant […]
2. Andrey Pushkar, UKR
2. Dmitry Trubin, KAZ
3. Levan Saginashvili, GEO
2. Andrey Pushkar, UKR
4. Vitaly Laletin, RUS
4. Michael Todd, USA
5. Travis Bagent, USA
5. Devon Larratt, CAN
6. Devon Larratt, CAN
6. Jerry Cadorette, USA
7. Krasimir Kostadinov, BUL
7. Levan Saginashvili, GEO
8. Alex Kurdecha, POL
8. Rustam Babayev, UKR
9. Revaz Lutidze, GEO
9. Evgeny Prudnik, UKR
10. Evgeny Prudnik, UKR
10. Revaz Lutidze, GEO
11. Sasho Andreev, BUL
11. Alex Kurdecha, POL
12. Rustam Babayev, UKR
12. Genadi Kvikvinia, GEO
13. Vadim Stetsyuk, UKR
13. Tim Bresnan, USA
14. Dmitry Silaev, RUS
14. Dmitry Silaev, RUS
15. Alan Makeev, RUS
15. Petro Marharint, UKR
How the rankings work:
These rankings are a mean of 6 different rankings (from 6 voters). Each voter makes his own rankings list. The position of each armwrestler in each list is important because it is used to make a mean.
Current voters (24 September 2018): Josh Handeland, Giorgi Chochia, Constantin Mihai, Kevin Wolf, Alper Cosar, Ciprian Valean (in no particular order). Scroll down to see the conditions to become a voter.
ALL VOTERS – Best Armwrestlers September 2018, Left and Right Armwrestling Rankings
Explanations for his rankings from one voter (there are currently 6 voters, as you can see in the side by side rankings above):
1. Oleg Zhokh
2. Andrey Pushkar
3. Levan Saginashvili (I think he’d beat Pushkar but until he does…)
4. Vitaly Laletin
5. Travis Bagent (arguably should be even lower/off, what’s he done the last year? I’m unimpressed by the way he seemingly avoided competition today. No reason he couldn’t vs. John RH but still pull tourney LH)
6. Devon Larratt
7. Krasimir Kostadinov
8. Alex Kurdecha (2nd 95+ after Pushkar, ahead of Lutidze)
9. Revaz Lutidze (3rd 95+, 4th in open, losing to Krasi in huge battle)
10. Evgeny Prudnik (lost to Stetsiuk in 95kg but Cristian wrote that it only happened due to war Prudnyk had with Sasho… Prudnyk also beat Kurdecha in open but lost to Revaz)
11. Sasho Andreev (lost to Prudnyk and ? Didn’t do opens)
12. Rustam Babayev (lost to Pushkar+Krasi in opens. Beat Trubin and Stetsiuk. Lost to Sasho+? in 95kg?)
13. Vadim Stetsiuk (2nd behind Krasi in 95kg but Cristian wrote he only beat Prudnyk due to war Prudnyk had with Sasho. Then he lost to Makeev and Rustam in open.)
14. Dmitry Silaev (consisdent top 3 finisher at EAF/WAF and 8th in current rankings, but lost to Rustam earlier this year at Lotoshino)
15. Alan Makeev (beat Stetsiuk first round of open category but how did he do in 95kg?)
1. Dmitry Trubin (beat Pushkar)
2. Andrey Pushkar
3. Dave Chaffee (beat Trubin 10 months ago, but should’t go above Pushkar without beating him. Need to beat current #1 to take #1 spot IMO)
4. Michael Todd (the guy people love to hate… since we bring up Chaffee beating Trubin, Mike also scored 2 wins on Pushkar the same day… WAF rules)
5. Devon Larratt (maybe ranked too high… maybe not)
6. Jerry Cadorette (beat the Monster but lost to Larratt)
7. Rustam Babayev (wasn’t top 3 in open class but beat open class #2 to win 95kg)
8. Levan Saginashvili (could he beat Rustam, maybe… but the guy he always goes back and forth with just lost to Kurdecha…)
9. Evgeny Prudnik (2nd 95kg…. 2nd open at Moldova Open, with a win on Rustam. Also beat Kurdecha in open… this rank might be too high though? He hasn’t struggled to medal in 90/95kg the last couple years)
10. Revaz Lutidze (beat Kurdecha in 95+ class)
11. Alex Kurdecha (beat Genadi… also beat Silaev last year at Zloty, Silaev is current WAF Champ and also beat Genadi for 1st there, Levani too!)
12. Genadi Kivikvinia (4-2 over Bresnan, goes back and forth with Levani)
13. Tim Bresnan (will move higher after he beats Rustam )
14. Dmitry Silaev (current WAF 110+ champ, beating Genadi and Levani. Rustam smoked him earlier this year, at Lotoshino I believe. But below Levan, Kurdecha, ect. at Zloty)
15. Matt Mask (beat Devon once, Jerry once, in supermatches this year, but needs to pull others on this list and actually beat them, not just get 1 win in a series of matches, to move higher. Think he deserves to be ranked in top 15 though)
Best Armwrestlers September 2018, Left and Right Armwrestling Rankings
We are still looking for voters, these are the conditions to become a voter in these rankings:
1. You should be following the sport of armwrestling for at least 4-5 years, and other armwrestlers should know you;
2. You should have knowledge of the results from the big armwrestling events, which change the rankings;
3. You should be accepted as voter by the current voters.
Why these new rankings ? After I saw what happened in the WORLD ARMWRESTLING RANKINGS by Votes (where many votes were… not objective), I realized two things: 1. Patriotism is not just a simple word for some voters ; 2. The rankings should be made by armwrestlers who really follow this sport and have knowledge about it, but I knew it will not be easy, especially because of the communication issues.
THESE RANKINGS ARE SUBJECTIVE. We have a chat group where voters discuss about the armwrestling events. Although all voters watch the same matches they often have very different opinions about what happened there. One example: the recent left hand matches between Oleg Zhokh vs. Andrey Pushkar – some voters believed that Pushkar didn’t do his best, they were not convinced that Oleg deserves to be no. 1 yet… There are different opinions regarding the rankings all the time, therefore I believe it is impossible to have objective rankings.
TENNIS HAS GOOD RANKINGS. In tennis there is absolutely no way to go fast at the top of the rankings. If a tennis player comes back after a break of 1 year, even if he wins a Grand Slam tournament (which means many tough matches with top players) he doesn’t become number 1. It is a very slow process, you have to compete and win a lot of matches in well ranked tournaments to get enough points, in order to get at the top of the rankings. If we would try to apply a similar points system in armwrestling then Denis Cyplenkov, who now competes only once in 2 years in Vendettas, would never enter the top 20 rankings even if he wins each time.
CONCLUSION. We only have subjective rankings, but considering that some armwrestlers don’t compete too much, making a points system in armwrestling would not look good for some top armwrestlers.
11 July 2018: Dmitry Trubin was removed from the left hand rankings after what happened at ZG STRONG 2018. Viacheslav Sharagovich was the first one who almost pinned Trubin with left hand, he got him tired. Next Trubin lost with Manuel Battaglia, won 2 matches and lost with Markus Liebminger – this was his last match with left hand (watch the matches here ► ZG STRONG 2018). Viacheslav Sharagovich, Manuel Battaglia and Markus Liebminger were not in the top 20 therefore Dmitry Trubin was removed from the top 20 left hand rankings to reflect the current state of his left arm. All other armwrestlers moved one position up.
04 December 2017: The rankings were updated, considering what happened at ARMFIGHT #48 Vendetta and at Zloty Tur 2017, See ► RESULTS: ARMFIGHT #48 VENDETTA ALL STARS and ► RESULTS: Zloty Tur 2017 World Cup
03 July 2018: THE RANKINGS WERE UPDATED CONSIDERING WHAT HAPPENED AT EuroArm 2018, LVIV OPEN CUP 2018, WAL events and in other armwrestling events. Ermes Gasparini was removed because he didn’t compete for more than 1 year. Other armwrestlers were removed and some were added.
21 September 2017: The rankings were updated considering what happened at WorldArm 2017, See ► RESULTS: WORLDARM 2017: 39th World Armwrestling Championships 2017 (WAF). This time only 4 voters voted, therefore some changes were made all over the rankings.
25 July 2017: Denis Cyplenkov was removed from the right hand rankings, because he competed last time on 22 July 2016 ► RESULTS: ARMFIGHT #46 VENDETTA ALL STARS, LAS VEGAS, PHOTOS
All armwrestlers who were below Cyplenkov moved one place up. We only show top 20, but the voters vote using a bigger list of armwrestlers.
09 July 2017: The rankings were updated considering what happened at WAL 2017 CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS and at ZG STRONG 2017 WORLD ARMWRESTLING CUP.
02 June 2017: New additions: Sasho Andreev, Evgeny Prudnik – left hand; Vitaly Laletin, Sasho Andreev, Evgeny Prudnik – right hand. Some armwrestlers were removed because they didn’t compete for more than 1 year.
10 April 2017: We have 3 new voters: Giorgi Chochia (Georgia), Constantin Mihai (Romania), Ryan Bowen (Australia). Side by side rankings from all the voters (in no particular order) were added.
26 July 2016: Denis Cyplenkov was added to the rankings and other changes were made in the right hand rankings considering the RESULTS: ARMFIGHT #46 VENDETTA ALL STARS, LAS VEGAS, PHOTOS. We have a new voter: Alejandro De Gyves – he is pulling for about 20 years, and he makes the rankings in Mexico.
01 July 2016: In these rankings was taken into consideration the fact that Travis Bagent won over Dave Chaffee (right hand) at WAL Las Vegas 2016 finals.
These rankings will be updated often – after any armwrestling event which change the rankings.
Other rankings / ratings you should check out:
1. Engin Terzi’s rankings ► PAL RANKING
2. ► Armwrestling Rating List by Oleg Stepanov
UPCOMING EVENTS ► ARMWRESTLING CALENDAR
The post WORLD ARMWRESTLING RANKINGS by Experts appeared first on XSportNews.com.